Au Gres, Michigan
Au Gres, Michigan
There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
Captain Jason will clean all your fish and package them for the trip home. Just bring a cooler!
With over 25 years of professional fishing experience, Jason is well-known on the local waters. Since 1998, he has fished with the Professional Walleye Tour (PWT), Michigan Walleye Tour (MWT), Master's Walleye Circuit (MWC), Cabela's National Team Championship (NTC), and Ranger-Crestliner-Lund (RCL) tours. He has had many top-five finishes and has won the FLW and MWC Walleye Tournaments.
A lifelong dream came true in 2014, when Captain Jason started entertaining customers with perch and walleye charters and Wally J Fishing Charters was born. Let him be your fishing guide today!
Captain Jason and Wally J Fishing Charters are licensed and insured, Michigan DNR inspected and approved, CPR and First Aid certified, and certified by the US Coast Guard.
Based in little Au Gres, Michigan, we are about 2.5 hours north of Detroit. We typically fish out of the public boat launch on Main Street in Au Gres. We consider Saginaw Bay our home waters, but will travel to any port in the Saginaw Bay watershed (Standish, Linwood, Bay City, etc.) to meet your specific needs. Based on the particular season, walleye charters may be available in Houghton Lake, Detroit River, and Lake Erie. Just ask us for details and let us be your personalized fishing guide!
Walleye charters are April-September
Perch charters are normally August only
Full Day Fishing Charters (7:30am-4:00pm)
Children age 10 and under are half price for all fishing charters, with each paying adult. The total number of anglers, however, is not to exceed 4 on any given trip (kids + adults).
Children age 10 and under are half price for all charters, with each paying adult. The total number of anglers, however, is not to exceed 4 on any given trip (kids + adults).
* We accept cash and credit cards online and the day of the trip (add 3% for card convenience fees).
* Click below for online credit card payments.
* As a service to our customers, we do not charge a fee to hold your date. We do, however, graciously ask that if you need to cancel or reschedule, please let us know as soon as possible.
* If we are forced to cancel due to bad weather, prior to noon, you will be allowed to reschedule your fishing charter for another day, for no additional charge. If the weather forces us to cancel after noon, no additional trip will be given, however, this will be decided on a case to case basis.
You have options! You can call or text Captain Jason at (989)254-2123 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll discuss dates, number of anglers, and any special accommodations you may have. Half day and evening fishing charters are also available, upon request.
* Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
* Multiple layers of clothes for the ever-changing Michigan weather
* Rain gear
* Lunch, snacks, and drinks (alcohol is permitted for those 21 and over, but please drink responsibly)
* License (for all anglers age 16 and over)
* Motion sickness medicine, if needed
* Cooler to take your fish home with you
* Life jacket, if a special one is needed or preferred
Au Gres is a quiet little town on Lake Huron. It's a great place to spend the weekend or the entire week! We have multiple waterfront campgrounds, a hotel in the heart of town, awesome restaurants, and the best fishing around. Click below for more information.
The boat launch is located at the end of Main Street (also called Harbor Street) in Au Gres.
*22' in length
* 300 HP Yamaha motor
* 8 HP Yamaha trolling motor
* Minn Kota Ulterra motor on bow
* Hummingbird electronics and graphics
* Comfortable seating for 4 anglers
* Built-in cooler for lunch and snacks
* Aerated livewell and baitwell
* 51 gallon fuel capacity
* Hydraulic steering
We love our customers, so feel free to call and schedule a trip today!
PO Box 342 Au Gres, Michigan 48703, United States
07:00 am – 08:00 pm
Please leave a message, as we may be busy hauling in big walleye on the bay and unable to answer.